KABOOM!!! Florida Law Firms Subpoenaed Over Foreclosure Filing Practices

Excellent work Foreclosure Fighters… This is one of our biggest victories yet!!!

How can the courts continue to allow their rocket dockets to process summary judgments in mass when the Attorney Generals Office Subpoenaed the Mills that are processing these fraudulant foreclosures??

August 10, 2010
Media Contact: Sandi Copes
Phone: (850) 245-0150

TALLAHASSEE, FL – Attorney General Bill McCollum today announced his office has launched three new investigations into allegations of unfair and deceptive actions by Florida law firms handling foreclosure cases. The Attorney General’s Economic Crimes Division is investigating whether improper documentation may have been created and filed with Florida courts to speed up foreclosure processes, potentially without the knowledge or consent of the homeowners involved.

The new investigations name The Law Offices of Marshall C. Watson, P.A.; Shapiro & Fishman, LLP; and the Law Offices of David J. Stern, P.A. The law firms were hired by loan servicers to begin foreclosure proceedings when consumers were in arrears on their mortgages.

Because many mortgages have been bought and sold by different institutions multiple times, key paperwork involved in the process to obtain foreclosure judgments is often missing. On numerous occasions, allegedly fabricated documents have been presented to the courts in foreclosure actions to obtain final judgments against homeowners. Thousands of final judgments of foreclosure against Florida homeowners may have been the result of the allegedly improper actions of the law firms under investigation.

The Attorney General’s Office is also investigating whether the law firms have created affiliated companies outside the United States where the allegedly false documents are being prepared and then submitted to the law firms for use.

Subpoenas have been served on each of the law firms listed above, and the investigations are ongoing.

I wonder if the investigations had to do with any of the issues below?

Foreclosure Fraud of the Week – Two “Original” Wet Ink Notes Submitted in the Same Case by the Florida Default Law Group and JPMorgan Chase

Scandalous – Substantiated Allegations of Foreclosure Fraud That Implicates the Florida Attorney General’s Office and The Florida Default Law Group

The Whole Country is BOGUS – Fabricated Mortgage Assignments All Over the Country

Docx Fabrications & Forgeries – Comparing Signatures & Titles on Mortgage Documents

Foreclosure Fraud – Guide to Looking Up Public Records for Fraud

Whatever the case may be, I am sure these investigations will bring out more than we already know.

See also: Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum Launches Investigations into Florida Default Law Group and Docx, LLC a/k/a Lender Processing Services

Foreclosure Fraud David J Stern Attorney General Subpoena
[scribd id=35674522 key=key-21lqrsas50clp2lhgn0j mode=list]

Foreclosure Fraud Marshall C Watson Attorney General Subpoena
[scribd id=35674561 key=key-1tbbg17l062tembi30kg mode=list]

Foreclosure Fraud Shapiro Fishman Attorney General Subpoena
[scribd id=35674578 key=key-1easmym40pcfgzatmp31 mode=list]

Comments
14 Responses to “KABOOM!!! Florida Law Firms Subpoenaed Over Foreclosure Filing Practices”
  1. Tony says:

The process server indicated that he served me at my home at a certain time and date but at that date and time I was literally on the operating table at the hospital and I have the medical records to prove it. I called the bank and they say the serves is still good because the process server just probably served someone else at my home. BUt the affidavidit of services says he served me and there are no other men in the household.
    How do I get this service declared fraudulent?

2. Tammy says:

How can I get my documents looked at by the AG? I have found a couple of ‘notarizes’ from Ms. Erin Cullaro also. And, I simply can’t believe that all the different names on my documents actually work for FDLG. Seems that there are only a couple of notary signatures that are of the same person.

I have called the AG several times concerning my documents, but they will not intervene, even AFTER I told them that we are going to a summary judgment hearing on Aug. 20. How can our courts still allow these cases to be heard and decided when there is an investigation ongoing??? I am leary about going Pro Se, but have not choice at this time. So all of these articles and facts are beneficial for my case.

I am looking for others that may have the same names (sorry, Notaries) signatures attached to their documents as I have. Any suggestions as to how I can find out about the names/signatures?

It’s great to know that the consumers that have banned together to stop this madness is finally making strides. One voice/person leads to double, then double that, and so on – until finally, we are loud enough that our government has to listen to us. Keep up the good work everyone – we will prevail.

3. lisamarie says:

Thats hilarious. you need to finish the song.

4. “I wanna be a BILLIONAIRE… so friggin’ bad, forged- all- of- the- papers- that- I- had”

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwlK5b4KYfI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b]

5. lisamarie says:

As i’m reading this, I can’t stop smiling. My Grandaughter keeps asking me ” what are you laughing about?”

6. Dawn Dienhart says:

WAMU/CHASE 1st $416K + 2nd $217K current home value $250K –
    When I was trying to get a loan modification from Chase, I kept running into a brick wall due to the subordination of lien was never provided for the 2nd mortgage when the 1st was refinanced with a new loan. This was verified several times by Chase’s legal dept and loan dept- who as I waited on the phone; searched and verified the subordination did not exhist on several occassions. 3 Weeks ago, I was served with Foreclose from Marshall C. Watson and all of a sudden apparently out of thin air by what looks like magic a subordination appears on the county clerks website with signatues, and back dated with matching recording date. The 2nd mortgage holder is unaware of this and has offered settlement of 12%.
    Any good suggestions would be much appreciated.

7. Parettia says:

What does this mean to homeowners that has already lost their homes?

• Nye Lavalle says:

You can go and void judgments based on fraud!

• Lisa D. says:

We have blatant, provable Notary Fraud on our Assignment of Deed of Trust (along with the infamous Scott Anderson ‘squiggle’), does that nullify the assignment?

Trackbacks
Check out what others are saying...