by Kim Miller

The Fort Lauderdale-based Ben-Ezra & Katz law firm gave layoff notices today to 146 employees as it moves toward shutting down operations, a spokesman for the company confirmed. An additional 8 employees will be laid off from the firm’s title company.

Earlier this year, the firm had nearly 600 employees, but has been decimated following the loss of foreclosure business from federal mortgage backer Fannie Mae. Fannie Mae fired the firm in February citing “execution issues” in foreclosure proceedings.

The shutdown is the second collapse of a South Florida foreclosure law firm, following the March 31 closing of the Law Offices of David J. Stern.

Check out the rest here…

Comments
12 Responses to “Another One Bites the Dust | Ben-Ezra & Katz to close, second South Florida foreclosure firm to shut its doors”
  1. vince faulkner says:

I am in Volusia County Florida and just recently found a court recording of power of attorney being granted to among others Florida Default Law Group by (this kills me) Freddie Mac. It was recorded on 4-11-2011. If you would like to see the docs I can e-mail them to you. Why would Freddie do that while FDLG is under investigation by the State Attorney General?

2. l vent says:

All of their fraud is making all of their claims irrelevant. They are cancelling themselves out with all of their fraud and lies

3. John Anderson says:

I have been engaged with these lying fraudsters “Ben-Ezra&Katz” since Oct 2008. And along with a smoking hot DOCX assignment of mortgage”filed 8 months after the foreclosure suit was filed” the original note “that I have not seen” was found a few months after the suit that had a lost note count attached. It took almost a year “after they dropped lost note count” for this to arrive at the court house.
    The judge was wise enough to notice that the note was not dated as to transfer. He mentioned the problems of late and said he wanted someone to testify as to the date of transfer, and advised the attorney that they may be in trouble if it was transferred after the filing of the suit.
    So in a way I am sorry that they have pulled out completely. They were the devil I knew, and I had them on so much wrong doing.
    I imagine that another law firm will be assigned and pick it up. But maybe not.

• Connie says:

I have a pro se case that is almost identical to yours, also in volusia County. i would be intrested to speak with you.

4. leapfrog says:

Good. But I’d like to see those responsible, the masterminds/head honchos at these organizations, prosecuted and jailed.

5. l vent says:

And there is no doubt, more shit to be hitting the fan, very soon. Max Keiser nails them again: http://maxkeiser.com/

6. mark says:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wheres the laughing mouse

7. James Aitken says:

Great News!!!!

Now lets get Florida Default Law Group.
    Wear masks as the office is full of cocaine.