Man jailed for cashing Chase check at Chase Bank

So, this 28 year old guy buys a house last year when the government was handing out rebate checks for buying a house.  The IRS deposits the funds into his local Chase bank.  Since he had overdraft problems in the past, the bank decides to help themselves to what they wanted of his money and then close his account, sending him a check for the rest, which was about $8,400.00.  So he goes into Chase bank to cash the check THEY issued. From there he was in for a nasty surprise…

h/t Kate

Ikenna Njoku Chase Letter

[scribd id=59881624 key=key-1qt19dvygfe7trzlp44w mode=list]

Comments
16 Responses to “Outrageous | Man Loses Job, Car, After Jailed for Cashing Chase Check at Chase Bank”
  1. Floyd Martin says:

He was unjustly jailed for the Check but Justly Jailed for stealing a Truck!
    Who ever heard of a dishonest Nigerian?

2. lvent says:

FORGERY IS A FELONY????????????? A BANK FORGED MY NAME ON THE NOTE. I NEVER SIGNED THE NOTE AT CLOSING……..THE BANK IS AFFILIATED WITH CHASE. CHASE OBVIOUSLY DID NOT HAVE THE CASH ON HAND TO COVER THE CHECK IS WHAT I THINK. THE BASTARDS ARE FULL OF SHIT, THEY ARE INSOVENT. THIS MAN SHOULD SUE THE PANTS OFF OF CHASE FOR SLANDER AND MUCH,MUCH MORE .

3. COCO says:

EVERYONE NEEDS TO TAKE THEIR MONEY OUT OF THE BIG BANKS. WELLS FARGO HAS DIRTIED UP THE LANDSCAPE WITH THEIR UGLY SIGNS. BOA-“BOA CONSTRICTOR BANK OF AMERICA” IS ONE OF THE WORST, CHASE HAS SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH TRYING TO PUT PEOP[LE IN JAIL . EVERYTIME YOU WALK INTO ONE OF THESE BANKS, YOU ARE AIDING THEM IN DESTROYING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. GO AND SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL BANKS THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO HURT THE FRAUDULENT BANKSTERS AND WALL STREET GANGSTERS-A LACK OF MONEY WILL DESTROY THEM.

TAKE YOUR MONEY OUT OF THE BIG BANKS AND PUT IT IN LOCAL BANKS BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

4. Gordon Brooks says:

At some point we just all have to stop doing business with the big banks, especially JPM Chase, BofA, Wells Fargo, and Citi. Of course, we can’t completely extricate ourselves from these behemoths since they own the Federal Reserve, but we should give them as little as possible.

5. Jason Werner says:

That was not a mistake; I promise you. Just wait, more is going to be exposed about a false report and misleading the police; Chase knew exactly what they were doing. Chase was just trying to scare the guy and show him who was boss, but the whole police matter turned into a weekend in jail, which they did not anticipate and backfired on them.

There will be more coming.

I know because I HAVE BEEN THROUGH nearly the exact same thing with a large bank. There is much more to this story that not everybody knows yet.

6. see says:

This story can be updated. I live in the Seattle area. and yesterday it was reported that Chase finally sent this guy an apology and a settlement will follow. So what settlement this guy gets is anyone’s guess. On the radio station reporting this update, they emphasized that it took a lawyer and media attention for Chase to acknowledge their mistake. I know of 2 TV stations that were reporting on this. Chase stated that they are also taking measures to make sure this never happens again!!! Yeah, right we will see if that ever happens.

7. leapfrog says:

F-ing banksters and f-ing complicit CONgress & captured “regulators”.

8. Esteban says:

Wow. What an experience.

9. lvent says:

CHASE ARE NOTORIOUS SCAMMERS. THEY ARE MASTERS AT STEALING FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS. HOW MANY HOMES HAVE THEY STOLEN THEY HAD NO LEGAL RIGHT TO TAKE. THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO COLLECT A DEBT. THAT IS ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE, DEBT COLLECTORS. THEY DON’T OWN THE MORTGAGE.

• Sooo….my question is…who are they collecting the debt for? Chase (WAMU)…on the summons filing… the lawyers say ” This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.” I know they don’t own the mortgage… the request to Produce took almost 10 months to answer and all 25 requests were answered by objection…they gave nothing…So they will get a much larger requests this time around….we shall see….So they have nothing and are just the servicer…..just who are they collecting for….that raised another red flag. ..they are all strawmen…. I have a good idea who the ‘ investor/lender ‘ is…..get the point??? .

• lvent says:

Marilyn, I was researching a Trust # which is listed on my recordings and came out of nowhere as it only appears on the Lis Pendens Foreclosure as my husband as Grantee/Trust #.When I search that Trust # at the Recorder of Deeds it reverts back to my TRUSTEES DEED. I went the rounds looking for it elsewhere like the SEC and I ended up going to the Bankster who refied my loan. Somehow I ended up at a HSBC RBS, notice not RMBS webpage at BLOOMBERG. I dug a bit more and found it looks to be in CHICAGO COMMUNITY TRUST which is a part of get this. A GLOBAL CORPORATE TRUST. That really proves nothing like how it got there. Presto, it appeared there or what? What nerve. If we let them get away with this, what next?

• lvent says:

Gosh Mar, you are as bad as me staying up half the night.

10. Debbie says:

Chase, Chase…you wil pay pay pay

11. citizenaware says:

Never ever deal with Chase-you-around!!! They are notorious at flimflam!!!!
    bless you buddy, these people are so corrupt. Review review the case, if you bought you house under chaseuaround you have bigger problems.

• lvent says:

My son told me today that CHASE is stealing money from him out of his savings account. I told him to put him money in the new Credit Union that just opened up down the street. He said he is going to do that. I warned him not to trust CHASE. Now he knows why. They fee ding you to death.

• YUP…they will steal from anyone….all over the world. That is how that cult got rich…now Chase is digging for gold….a 10 year fake war that the federal reserve was so kind to lend this country money to keep on fighting for no reason……now Chase is over there BS’ing Afghan….Chase says they want to help the people get the gold out of the mountains…it will give the people jobs, homes, food and build the country up. What they fail to tell the people is they will make pennies doing all the work and Chase will get the gold…….