So, this morning I got word that David J. Stern is buying up all the Five Guys Burgers in the country.

My source in Fort Lauderdale tells me that attorney David J. Stern has rolled over his $Millions in foreclosure home profits and the cash he got up front from the Chardan 2008 China Acquisition Corp deal into at least 150 Five Guys Burger and Fries Franchise’s, will that be fries with your meal sir?

It appears that David J. Stern is buying ”Five Guys Burger and Fries Franchise’s” in bulk

I started digging around and could not find much except this from Five Guys Franchise website…

We are pleased to announce that we are currently sold out in the United States and in Canada.

Our franchisees are feverishly working on completing development of their territories. This means that there are some areas without Five Guys locations, but those territories have been sold and franchisees will be opening there soon.

Without anything else to go on, I sent an email over to my friendly neighborhood foreclosure reporter and she got the conformation we needed so here you go.

From the PB Post…

Foreclosure King to Burger King, Stern buys into Five Guys

David J. Stern, whose Plantation-based law firm once handled the largest share of foreclosure cases in Florida, has invested in a copmany that owns franchises of Five Guys Burger and Fries.

Stern’s attorney, Jeff Tew, confirmed the investment this afternoon, saying it was made in the last couple of months.

Stern’s firm was once the largest so-called foreclosure mill in Florida, growing from its 1994 founding to handle an estimated 100,000 cases statewide. It closed in March amid a state investigation and allegations of wrongdoing.

That investigation has since stalled in the courts after a 4th District Court of Appeal ruling that the state has no standing to investigate under the Florida Unfair Trade Practices Act. Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi has certified the ruling to the state Supreme Court as a matter of great public interest.

Tew asked today what the news was in that Stern bought into Five Guy franchises, and that’s a good question. Maybe it’s that he’s still got the money to invest even after the collapse of his company and legal battles he’s fighting on several fronts.

You can check the rest out from the PB Post here…

Comments
44 Responses to “David J. Stern | Foreclosure King to Burger King, Stern buys into Five Guys Burgers”
  1. lvent says:

Too funny Fury! If the economy gets any worse…they will be unemployed and collecting stamps from their buddies at CHASE..! They will be joining the millions CHASE-ing their own tails..

• Fury says:

baum and stern both have the middle initial ‘j.”

it must stand for “jerk-off.”

these foreclosure kings are tumbling down.

let’s keep this mighty momentum going– there are many more f/c mill scumbags that need to be
      crushed and millions of homes will be saved.

2. Fury says:

david stern HAD to buy the burger franchise just so the laid off or soon-to-be laid-off employees of all of the f/c mills
    (stern, baum, rosicki, fein such crane, etc) have a place to work for minimum wage.

steven j. baum or david stern just might be your next busboy.

3. wonton says:

Stern took the $60 million dollars that was invested in his company by shareholders the stock went from around
    $ 15 a share to like $ .11 he literally marketed his company as a legitimate company and he took the investors
    money not to pay his bills to those who supplied him without a conscience he blamed others and I know for a fact
    his Employees thought they were doing what they were supposed to do and they should not be held in any
    form most of them have positions now Stern stole from Investors and I have no idea why the SEC is not investigating
    Stern then had his Accounts Payable department tell everyone his is filing bankruptcy which did not happen he just
    walked away from his agreements with vendors The Florida Bar is doing nothing if you or I
    even attempted a third of his business dealings we would be put away. When I called to collect my money his Attorney
    Tew told me to call Bondi’s office which of course she is in on it because the people that helped me have been terminated. It took me a lot in life to walk the talk then I deal with scum and I cannot let it set me back
    write your congressman, anyone you can this guy did some nasty things to people that helped him legally in business
    make up flyers leave them on customers cars in the parking lot of Five Guys Stern
    needs to be in JAIL with TEW . Talk about good and evil yes the divide has come Stern will get his perhaps with our
    help or without just BELIEVE

• lvent says:

The Goldman Sachs/SMOM/VATICAN BUSINESS MODEL…Use investors money to set up their own robbery..then rob the investor money after you oversell interests in nothing.. which turns stockholders certificates into junk..

4. Wake Up America! says:

C’mon, ‘Vent. Only having a little fun. Everyone on here has lost much – let’s not lose our sense of humor.

I enjoy your posts and appreciate your spirited commentary.

• lvent says:

I love joking around when it is directed at me…I know I am loud…Sometimes it is the only way to get the truth out there..

• lvent says:

Believe it or not, I have alot of other stuff I really should be doing..my house is a wreck and I have to re-submit my affirmative defenses in two weeks…but I want to try and help others…It took me a long time to find this stuff out and we are running out of time..!

5. diana says:

On the menu:

Stern’s signature beefy robo burgers
    Fannie Mae fries
    Stern’s cold and calculated slam-dunk soft drinks (all varieties)

or choose our Homeless ham and cheese sandwich

extra charge for
    Leafy Lis Pendens lettuce and tasty tangible-asset tomatoes
    top our signature robo burger with our secret recipe-“mortgage mayhem mayo”

Reserve seating available for large parties at our many 8 foot tables.
    Disclaimer:
    Owner is not responsible for illness, loss of appetite, or property loss.

6. Wake Up America! says:

Here’s a sneak peak at the menu at Stern’s “Fraud Guys” franchises:

“Samms” Burger – our manager Cheryl will make it appear however you like!
    “The Fannie” – this burger is so big it goes right to your fanny!
    “The G-Mac” – two all thief patties
    Double “Cheat” Burger – nuff said
    “Court”er Flounder – this fish sandwich really smells

And for all you vegans, there’s the “You’ve Been Tossed” salad

The “signature” appetizer is the “Linda Green Onion Dip.”

Sorry “I Vented” so much on this topic but I can’t resist taking a shot at this slimeball!

• lvent says:

HaHa..Wake up America..!…No need to apoligize and hide it behind a snide mark! If you don’t like it..don’t read my posts!

• lvent says:

If Paul Revere were here he would be screaming the same warning on the Internet!….The New World Order is Coming….the New World Order is Coming!

7. Javagold says:

Five Guys and an ASSHOLE

8. Katheryn says:

we’ve got 2 five guys in my area and I just dropped them a nice comment thanx for the link

• wonton says:

Katheryn they will do nothing with a comment I went on the website myself
      they SOLD franchisses to STERN we need to start protests at the physical location
      that will get attention
      The AG did nothing to STERN, the Florida Bar did nothing, we had no control over this
      we have control over protests and let the public know not to spend money at these establishments
      they will be supporting criminals if Florida will not do anything we must , we need to do what he did to
      others back to him

• Katheryn says:

@ Ivent – I’m looking around at my dirty messy house so I know what you mean. Two of my dogs are in need of their clipping that I keep putting off and still have not got all my filing done for my legal and correspondence files. But I feel an undercurrent that we must all speak out very loudly now. Oh well – I don’t think anyone has died from a messy house. Plus, I don’t really feel like its mine anymore even though I still live here!

• Katheryn says:

@ wonton

Unfortunately, I live in a small resort town. Not many people here in the winter and those that are would not take kindly to the cause. Sorry I can’t help in that way. Just can keep spreading it by word or mouth.

• lvent says:

So true Katheryn..my Grandma always said the house will still be there when your dead…I have been neglecting my dogs too..,.but they still love me!

• Katheryn says:

@Ivent

those of us who love dogs know what the meaning of true “unconditional” love is

• lvent says:

So true Katheryn..I saw a book a while ago in the book store called A Perfect House is the Sign of a Misspent Life..It made me feel better!

• Katheryn says:

So true; but it now seems trivial compared to everything else going on. I don’t know I Vent if God will allow us to exist much longer with evil everywhere around us and the lack of regard there is for basic human civility. It is so sad. I would not hesitate to pay a little more in taxes to help out the economy if I were in a position to do so. We have lost so much but even still my husband gives, although less then before, to charity directly out of his pay. I just can’t understand most people anymore. The more people I meet the more I love my dogs. LOL

• lvent says:

Katheryn…the battle bettween good and evil is is raging.. but we gotta have faith God has a plan..Don’t give up!…I have faith that God is in control. My Grandma once told me that she hated how the movies portray the devil as more powerful than God…She told me God is more powerful..I believe that to be true. They want us to think that the devil is more powerful..that is a lie..God can at any moment, wipe them off the face of the earth and he will..that is what I believe…Gotta keep the faith!

• wonton says:

I cannot email this article to fiveguys.com where it states email if anyone can they should do that
      although it will not make a difference because he probsbly owns a large amount of franchises it is all about his stolen money his money was not earned he stole it from the Chardan deal 60 million upfront

9. see says:

Stern is moving up in the world from stealing homes to flipping burgers. His mother must be beaming with pride. Never heard of this food chain, but I now have a bad taste in my mouth. Thanks for the link cause I will defintely let them know of the “rat” that will be infesting their food chain.

10. Shelley Webber says:

Stern doesn’t give a crap, he’s out to make money. I recommend stayin in the foreclosure and grinding your own eat.

The “majority of hamburger” now sold in the U.S. now contains fatty slaughterhouse trimmings “the industry once relegated to pet food and cooking oil,” “typically including most of the material from the outer surfaces of the carcass” that contains “larger microbiological populations.”

11. wonton says:

THIS IS NOT RIGHT i WILL START A BOYCOTT IF OTHERS WILL JOIN PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    AND i WILL GIVE YOU AN EMAIL ADDRESS AND i WOULD NOT EAT AT ANY FIVE GUYS IF STERN IS INVOLVED
    THE MEAT MUST BE RAT THIS GUY IS A SCUM BAG CON MAN HOW CAN WE ALLOW THIS…JERK BASTARD TO GET AWAY WITH MOVING ON WHEN HE LEFT PEOPLE IN THE DUST HE BROKE THE LAW AND LEFT OTHERS AND BLAMED OTHERS WAS THIS WHAT OBAMA MEANT WHEN HE SAID WE NEED TO ADD MORE BUSINESS HE WILL JUST MILK THE COMPANY PUT THEM ON THE STOCK MARKET IF THEY AREN’T ALREADY AND SCAM THEM THIS GUY IS EVIL EVIL EVIL

• sandra says:

So 4 years later and he’s worth 100 million and retired from law because they took away his license oh like he cared now owns 150 5 guys and just sold his Fort Lauderdale mansion for a record amount 35 million has a residence in Fort Lauderdale Ritz Carlton 9000 feet 35 cars yacht jet and a 24 year old girlfriend and a wife Jeanne that he calls his ex but they are still married hum maybe someone should make a Facebook page telling people who lost there homes not to eat at Five guys in Florida that might help !

12. wonton says:

PAY YOUR BILLS FIRST …..
    I PITY THAT BURGER PLACE MAYBE THEY CAN BE DELIVERED IN JAIL YOU PIECE OF GARBAGE…AHOLE

13. Wake Up America! says:

Stern is such a greaseball that when he walks into a “Fraud Guys” kitchen, all of the potatoes immediately cook. It is a process they call “Robo-Frying.”

14. Wake Up America! says:

Stern bought so many franchises they renamed the business:

“Fraud Guys Burgers and Lies.”

15. nicole says:

Here’s the note I just sent 5 guys…

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Obviously, you don’t care about anything but putting $ into your pockets.
    How about the huge # of your customers & potential customers via word of mouth?
    I will be posting the latest article I read about David Stern ~ fraud foreclosure king ~ purchasing your franchises in bulk, on facebook & e-mailing it to every contact, personal & proffesional, in my address book.
    You are no better than the criminal you are taking stolen money from.
    I hope you feel the financial hit you are facing as this news continues to spread.
    You are not the only burger in town!
    What a shame to see a company as you, jump on the band wagon of making a buck off those of us suffering & struggling to keep our homes; especially those having to face additional financial hardship due to David Stern’s foreclosure fraud.
    Hope you ‘eat’ & sleep well at night knowing you are now a name associated with foreclosure fraud, especially to those wondering if it will be their last meal or night in their home.
    Here’s to Steak n Shake, In & Out Burgers, Whataburger, hell, to McD’s, Wendy’s & BK too.
    Not contributing to your new investors profits.
    As you will see, others won’t either.
    What were you thinking?

16. jv says:

Here is the Five Guys “Contact Us” web page. Perhaps we should make our displeasure known.

17. 99%er says:

Thanks for the update. My family use to eat there occassionally. NEVER EVER AGAIN will I give them another penny. Since I live in South Fla I can not be sure which ones he is involved with so I won’t step foot in any of them!

• wonton says:

we need to hold protests at each one instead of just writing
      we must take action with this information we need to boycott and let the public know who is in?

18. Sheldon says:

You can forget me eating there ever again.

19. TheHutMaster says:

Let the 5 Guys know about the DIRTBAG Stren, that used stolen/fradulant funds to buy this chain.

I plan a National BOYCOT, won’t you all please join me in getting the word out that this scumbag will be serving then food for God’s sake!?

I would not let a dead rat carcus eat there!

Here is their comment link.

“Fight The Good Fight”

Every Minute, Every Day!

• vince faulkner says:

Thanks for the link. I just sent them my comments and notified my friends to do the same. Good burgers bad decision.

• wonton says:

Please start a petition I do not know the first thing about starting one. There is a Five Guys on
      Glades Road in Boca Raton maybe a protest should be held people should met up there
      any suggestions this guy should not get away with what he is doing time to step it up

• Bobbi Swann says:

Address info for the corporate office:
      Five Guys Enterprises, LLC
      10440 Furnace Road
      Suite 205
      Lorton, VA 22079

• Bobbi Swann says:

I just printed this posting and mailed it to the corporate office! 11 pages of “read & weep”.

• Katheryn says:

Five Lies Burgers and Fries

People better by careful, this guy is all about profit only; he’ll probably start using trash fillers in the meat and any other way he can find to up his margin! This is a person without conscience of any kind.

20. lvent says:

Thanks for letting me know..I will NEVER dine there again! Boycott corporate America…they are the devil!!

21. Katheryn says:

“would you like fries with that order”?