Foreclosure defense training sessions throughout the state
The Jacksonville Area Legal Aid, Inc., is hosting Foreclosure Defense and Consumer Rights training sessions throughout the state.
The next one is September 17 at Barry University School of Law, 6441 E. Colonial Drive, in Orlando, led by trainers Lynn Drysdale and James Kowalski.
The programs run from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and will include understanding loan documents, origination, and closing process; servicing problems and post origination issues; qualified written responses; drafting discovery/motion practice; ethical discussions and consideration in foreclosure practice; and much more.
The trainings are free, include lunch, and each session is approved by The Florida Bar for 7 CLE credits, including 1 ethics.
Attendees are required to take a pro bono case from their local legal aid organization.
To register, e-mail Atheia Inman at Atheia.Inman@jaxlegalaid.org, or for more information, call her at (904)-356-8371, ext. 377.
Other scheduled trainings:
• September 24, Hillsborough County Bar Association, Chester H. Ferguson Law Center, 1610 North Tampa St. ,Tampa. This session will feature nationally recognized foreclosure defense expert April Charney.
• October 22, in Ft. Myers, with April Charney.
• November 5, in Jacksonville, with April Charney.
• December 3, in Tallahassee, with Lynn Drysdale.
• December 10, in Pensacola, with James Kowalski.
Source: The Florida Bar News
OK folks. Why don’t we find the funding to get them down here in South Florida ?
We could tap a number of sources to cover the expenses to bring them down and borrow or rent a large auditorium like the one in the down town library in Fort Lauderdale or one of the university lecture halls.