Now how fun would this be?
I say get your applications in folks. You can work hand in hand with former chief foreclosure judge Victor Tobin.
As a member of the Compliance Department for the Law Offices of Marshall C. Watson, an Internal Auditor will be responsible for gathering and analyzing data for internal audits, research laws, regulations, internal policies and standards, assist in the implementation of recommendations from internal audits, communicate results of internal audit to stakeholders, establish periodic audit plans and reports as well as follow-up on audit results for the organization and implementation of corrective actions
Applicants must perform well in a team setting providing effective contributions to the preparation and execution of an audit plan. Oversee continuous audit activity, assess risks and gather data for internal audits through a variety of methods including report analysis, staff interviews and field observations. Analyze and determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s processes and operational controls. Assess whether audit results are consistent with established Firm objectives and whether operations are in compliance with established internal and/ or external regulations, laws or client directives. Draft Audit Reports detailing the results of audit examinations and the recommendations made for remediation. Evaluate any plans or actions taken to correct reported conditions for satisfactory disposition of audit findings. Assess internal audit activities and determine if they have been efficiently directed toward the highest exposure to risk and toward increasing the effectiveness of the Firm’s operations. Coordinate with operational staff to facilitate external audits.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required in order to perform high-level presentations, proof and edit (e.g. punctuation, grammar, spelling) of routine documents and reports. Perform arithmetic calculations including percentages and averages in basic statistics.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills required in order to perform high-level data analysis of business operations and identify irregularities in operational controls and provide suggested remediation.
- Basic working knowledge of local court rules and civil procedures with the ability to locate and navigate court websites in all jurisdictions. Ability to recognize and differentiate between basic legal documents such as Motions, Affidavits, Assignment of Mortgage, Original Note and Mortgage.
- At least two years on-the-job experience in the field of auditing and reviewing compliance of operational processes, policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
- High-level proficiency in MS Word and Excel with knowledge of other MS Office Software including PowerPoint, Access, Visio and Outlook. Proficiency with web browsing for research-related tasks.
- Familiarity with case management software
- Familiarity with document management software
- Familiarity with the technical development of operational processes, procedural manuals and flowcharts as well as their functions in a process driven business environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints; ability to work with others in a team environment to ascertain priorities of conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to operate fluently with computers and other technical equipment such as photocopier, facsimile machines and scanners.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of Clients, attorneys and staff in person, by electronic mail or telephone.
- High level ability of multi-tasking, prioritization and organization in order to effectively manage multiple cases and deadlines.
Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position; may require irregular hours.
|APPLY FOR THIS JOB|