Second Studio City neighbor gets West Nile virus, blames swampy pool at foreclosed house

A second case of West Nile virus was confirmed Friday near a bank-owned home in Studio City containing an algae-green swimming pool.

The family of 17-year-old Javin Reid said they were notified of a positive blood test for West Nile virus following flu-like symptoms.

This week, a next-door neighbor reported testing positive for the virus after she and neighbors had complained for months to bank, code enforcement and public health officials about the dirty pool.

The virus is transmitted to humans via mosquitoes.

“I’m completely incensed – incensed,” said Tony Reid, 48, the boy’s father. “Everyone has been blaming everyone else for the problem.

“They have the authority to fix the problem, but nothing has been done.”

Rest here…